INES Mapper 016
iNES Mapper 016 represents three different Bandai FCG boards:
- Games containing the FCG-1 or FCG-2, mapping control registers from $6000-$7FFF, and no save memory of any sort
- Games containing the LZ93D50, mapping control registers from $8000-$FFFF
- either with no save memory of any sort
- or with a 24C02 256 byte I²C EEPROM
It is tentatively suggested that in NES 2.0, iNES Mapper 159 be used to describe all boards using the LZ93D50 (differentiating using the RAM size byte), while iNES Mapper 016 remains for only the FCG-1 and FCG-2.
- Comprehensive NES Mapper Document by \Firebug\, information about mapper's initial state is inaccurate.