INES Mapper 115
From Nesdev wiki
iNES Mapper 115 denotes the 卡聖 (Kǎshèng) SFC-02B/-03/-004 boards, bearing an MMC3-clone with a 256 KiB outer CHR-ROM bank register and an NROM-like PRG-ROM register that can override the MMC3 clone's PRG-ROM bank. Used by:
- A.V. 究極麻將 II (A.V. Jiūjí Májiàng II, Kǎshèng re-release, originally released by 哥德 (Gouder) on INES Mapper 116)
- 包青天 (Bāo Qīngtiān, Justice Pao)
- 餓狼伝説 Special (Garō Densetsu Special, Kǎshèng re-release, originally released by 哥德 (Gouder) on INES Mapper 116)
- 雷電 II - Thunderbolt Fighting Plane (Léidiàn II)
- 三國春秋: 四川省 (Sānguó Chūnqiū: Sìchuān Shěng)
- 幽☆遊☆白書 Final (Yū Yū Hakusho Final, both Chinese and English versions)
NROM Override Register ($6000)
Mask: Probably $E001 D~7654 3210 --------- M.S. BBBb | | ++++- Select 16 KiB PRG-ROM bank at CPU | | $8000-$BFFF and $C000-$FFFF | +------- 0: Do not replace bit 0 (NROM-128) | 1: Replace bit 0 with CPU A14 (NROM-256) +--------- 0: Use PRG bank from MMC3; ignore $6000 bits 0-3/5 1: Ignore PRG bank from MMC3; apply $6000 bits 0-3/5
Outer CHR-ROM Bank Register ($6001)
Mask: Probably $E001 D~7654 3210 --------- .... ...+- Select 256 KiB CHR-ROM bank at PPU $0000-$1FFF
MMC3-compatible registers ($8000-$FFFF)
Mask: $E001, see MMC3.
- Unlike many similar mappers, the $600x registers are not connected to the MMC3 clone's WRAM interface and thus function regardless of whether WRAM is enabled or not.
- IRQ behavior resembles that of the MMC3C, i.e. a latch value of zero causes an IRQ on every scanline, on which the Chinese version of 幽☆遊☆白書 Final (Yuu Yuu Hakusho Final) depends.
- INES Mapper 114 has the same $6000 and $6001 registers, but additionally scrambles MMC3 register addresses and indices. Also, Mapper 114's IRQ behavior resembles that of the MMC3A, i.e. a latch value of zero disables IRQ.
- INES Mapper 187 has a similar NROM override register, placed at $5000
- INES Mapper 248 is a duplicate of Mapper 115.