From Nesdev wiki
Welcome to the nesdev wiki, the source for all your NES programming needs.
- This wiki now supports footnotes using the Cite.php extension.
- All users who had been manually confirmed under the old account policy have had their trusted status restored even if they have made no edits, much as with manual confirmation on Wikipedia. There's also a new group called
rollbackerswhose members can revert vandalism in one click, a privilege they share with administrators.
- We have seen the first wave of distributed talk page vandalism since this new open anonymous talk posting policy was put in place. The ABUSE filter is keeping their changes from taking effect; see what has been blocked.
- We're trying a new method of stopping spam, one that has worked on Pin Eight. We're using a question-and-answer challenge (with questions to be determined later) to block creation of accounts by generic MediaWiki spambots. The talk namespaces have been unlocked, and two constructive talk edits qualify a user account for automatic promotion to trusted status after four days. A filter for applying regular-expression-based heuristics to actions by users, such as edits, will be put in place.
- This wiki moved away from Parodius Networking. We are no longer using role accounts.
- Recently we've had a rash of spambots polluting Recent Changes. It wasn't with actual edits but instead with new user account registrations, which have even begun to outnumber legitimate edits. So there's a new policy: only a logged-in user can create a new user account. If you want a wiki account, find a triumvir and PM him on the BBS.
- The weekly archive ("local html version") of the wiki has been disabled for the time being (you will receive HTTP 404/file not found). The reason is documented here and still under discussion, but until a solution is found, for the time being the weekly archive is disabled.