Ramses Game is a homebrew whose gameplay is based loosely on a Dragon Quest 5 (DS) minigame called Slime Smack.
- Project owner: MetalSlime (aka tummai)
- Developer: MetalSlime
- "Artist": MetalSlime
- Music: MetalSlime
- Compiler : CA65
- Mapper: UNROM (may be downgraded)
- Started on: ~July 09
- Current status: making progress
- Expected date: January 2012
- Will make cart: Yes, if possible!
Ramses (the hero) was kidnapped from his home by space pirates and sold at a slave auction in the Artajian system to a cruel master named Bonehammer. Now he finds himself on a monster-infested planet, trapped in a strange prison with a bomb strapped to his chest. He sees a hammer in the corner of the room. Curious, he picks up the hammer and the game for his life begins…
Ramses Game is based on a Dragon Quest 5 (DS) minigame called Slime Smack, which is basically a touch-pen Whack-a-mole game with slimes. There is a game board with several holes. Monsters come out of the holes and you have to whack them in a specific order before the timer runs out.
The NES doesn't have a touch-pen, so each hole is assigned a button combination (up+A, down+A, left+A, right+A, etc). Pressing a combination whacks the corresponding hole.
- Ramses - good guy
- Bonehammer - not so good guy
Ramses Game will have several different monster types with different stats and speeds, requiring the player to do some quick-thinking problem solving to whack them all in the correct sequence before time runs out.
If I can figure out a good way to work them in, I'd like to have bosses too.
These youtube videos will track the game's progress from start to finish.
- Button-combos work. Holes get whacked.
- Random sequences show up at the top of the game board.
- Sound engine is in.
- Monsters populate open holes randomly in RAM.
- Monsters appear in holes. Whacking hurts and kills them
- Scripts and animation.
- *NEW*: Multiple levels
- *NEW*: Stat screen
- *NEW*: Score/points
- *NEW*: Background art.
Next up: Boss battles.