Color $0D games
On an NTSC NES, the palette color $0D causes the signal to drop below the normal black level. This low voltage signal is sometimes mistaken by televisions for blanking signals, which can cause an unstable picture, or total picture loss on some devices. Other devices seem to process with signal without problem.
This was not a problem for PAL NES devices.
- Bee 52
- The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy
- Game Genie - The code entry screen uses it for its background.
- The Immortal - Many screens in this game use it as the background colour.
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (UBI Soft)
- Micro Machines
- Quattro Sports
- Quattro Adventures
- Skate or Die 2
- The Super Shinobi - Unlicensed clone of Shinobi III.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Uses it for black outlines on sprites, the lack of large areas of this color mitigates the problem.