Mega Man 9 proof of concept
It first started while I was trying to make test data for my map editor. I didn't know what to use to know if my editor was working well. For some reason, I was checking the MM9 demo and some map on the net and decided to try to reproduce one of the map. Since then, I have been working on that proof of concept.
The objective is to remake the PS3 demo of MM9. This mean the intro, menu and the Concrete Man stage but I want to push it a little bit more far. What I didn't like about the demo is that you couldn't play against the boss. I want to remake the demo plus the interaction with the boss.
Even thought the objective is to remake this demo, the real goal behind it is to make the game engine for my own games. By trying to reproduce an existing game, it helps to find the requirements of the engine. For now it helped me to be more comfortable with CC65 and 6502 coding. I try to separate the code by module so I (ab)use a lot about scopes, structures and enums.
- Project owner: Banshaku
- Developer: Banshaku
- Compiler : CC65
- Sound driver: Famitracker
- Soundtrack by: Tssf
- Started on: 2009/07
- Current status: Stalled (busy with life)
- Expected date: Unknown
- Will make cart: Cannot for legal reason
- At the moment I'm close to finish to separate the concept of the view manager and actor/enemy manager. Once this is done, I should be able to start some collision detection logic. I'm still far from my goal but I continue to work on it when I find the time.