NES reference guide
From Nesdev wiki
Revision as of 21:52, 23 May 2017 by Rainwarrior (→Hardware reference: linking Krzysiobal's new Implementing Mappers In Hardware article so it's not an orphan)
This page lists all major hardware reference divided by categories in their simplest form. From this list, you can drill down to a more specific section of the selected category.
- 2A03: APU, CPU
- Input devices
- Cartridge board
- RF Famicom wiring diagram (many parts also applicable to NES)
- Errata: Hardware bugs and quirks
File format reference
- Emulator tests
- Game bugs - games that display buggy behavior on the actual hardware
- Tricky-to-emulate games
- Sprite overflow games - games which use the sprite overflow bug of OAM
- Colour-emphasis games - games which make use of the colour emphasis bits of $2001
- Colour $0D games - games which use the infra-black colour $0D.
- Expansion audio games - Famicom games that use extra audio hardware.
- All content refer to the NTSC system unless otherwise specified