From Nesdev wiki
Welcome to the nesdev wiki, the source for all your NES programming needs.
- We're trying a new method of stopping spam, one that has worked on Pin Eight. We're using a question-and-answer challenge (with questions to be determined later) to block creation of accounts by generic MediaWiki spambots. The talk namespaces have been unlocked, and two constructive talk edits qualify a user account for automatic promotion to trusted status after four days. A filter for applying regular-expression-based heuristics to actions by users, such as edits, will be put in place.
- This wiki moved away from Parodius Networking. We are no longer using role accounts.
- Recently we've had a rash of spambots polluting Recent Changes. It wasn't with actual edits but instead with new user account registrations, which have even begun to outnumber legitimate edits. So there's a new policy: only a logged-in user can create a new user account. If you want a wiki account, find a triumvir and PM him on the BBS.
- The weekly archive ("local html version") of the wiki has been disabled for the time being (you will receive HTTP 404/file not found). The reason is documented here and still under discussion, but until a solution is found, for the time being the weekly archive is disabled.
- There is a user right policy active. If you're not in the trusted user group, you cannot edit any contents. New users must be approved before they can edit. If you have a couple dozen good posts on the BBS, feel free to ask an administrator such as tepples for trusted status. Banshaku is fine too by mail.