From Nesdev wiki
Revision as of 07:14, 3 February 2020 by VOrun
- Email appears broken again after a server move.
- Email is working again after having been broken for the past year. If you registered within the past year but were not able to confirm your address, request confirmation again to enable mainspace editing and watchlist notifications.
- We have upgraded to the latest version of MediaWiki. Details are available.
- Previous support for syntax highlighting through the <source> directive has been removed due to parsing errors (highly incompatible with many 65xxx assembler syntaxes), lack of continued support via official MediaWiki channels, and lack of official 6502 syntax highlighting (was maintained separated by Thefox). These issues were discussed throughly on the forum. All pages (excluding User pages) using the <source> directive have been changed to use <pre> instead.
- Tepples is occasionally making HTML snapshots of the wiki.
- This wiki now supports footnotes using the Cite.php extension.
- All users who had been manually confirmed under the old account policy have had their trusted status restored even if they have made no edits, much as with manual confirmation on Wikipedia. There's also a new group called
rollbackerswhose members can revert vandalism in one click, a privilege they share with administrators.
- We have seen the first wave of distributed talk page vandalism since this new open anonymous talk posting policy was put in place. The ABUSE filter is keeping their changes from taking effect; see what has been blocked.
- We're trying a new method of stopping spam, one that has worked on Pin Eight. We're using a question-and-answer challenge (with questions to be determined later) to block creation of accounts by generic MediaWiki spambots. The talk namespaces have been unlocked, and two constructive talk edits qualify a user account for automatic promotion to trusted status after four days. A filter for applying regular-expression-based heuristics to actions by users, such as edits, will be put in place.
- This wiki moved away from Parodius Networking. We are no longer using role accounts.
- Recently we've had a rash of spambots polluting Recent Changes. It wasn't with actual edits but instead with new user account registrations, which have even begun to outnumber legitimate edits. So there's a new policy: only a logged-in user can create a new user account. If you want a wiki account, find a triumvir and PM him on the BBS.
- The weekly archive ("local html version") of the wiki has been disabled for the time being (you will receive HTTP 404/file not found). The reason is documented here and still under discussion, but until a solution is found, for the time being the weekly archive is disabled.