I will use this page to test my color scheme. If you have any comments about it, write it at the top.Banshaku 00:55, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
Send dead link reports, error corrections, or any files or links that should be here to Memblers.
If anyone out there is multi-lingual, and would translate any of these docs to any language, contact me.
Also, if there are any older docs on here that are known to be horribly inaccurate to the point of being useless, let me know so I can kill it.
- 6-22-2009 updated: link to new Nesdev wiki
- 12-6-2008 added: Commando
- 11-9-2008 added: Fighter F-8000
- 10-7-2008 removed: broken links (thanks, Roth).
- 8-7-2005: See notice below.
- 4-22-2005 added: NES PC Transfer cable, opened: [#Projects NES Hardware Projects] section.
- 3-12-2005 added: Paranoiz noise channel editor, and Nintendo Entertainment System Documentation. Linked to: SNES Central Development Page
- Do not download full copies of the site through the webserver. Use the FTP mirror or the ED2K mirror
- 2004 MiniGame Compo is on-going. The closing date for entries is Sunday, August 29, 2004.
- The messageboards are open. The old boards are still readable.
- Consider making a donation of any amount to help pay for hosting costs (which includes every site hosted on Parodius). The paypal link will be found on Parodius' main page.
- an NES dev cartridge is in production by Membler Industries. More details to come.
- Sounds of the 2A03 Here you will find new music done on the NES or in an NES-style. Also visit 2a03.org for a more complete NSF archive.
- tracked music Here you can download covers of NES music in MOD (.XM, .S3M, .IT, etc.) format. No cheesy MIDI files here, bucko!
- 2A03.org An archive of new NES music in NSF format.
- NSF Collection Here you can get a sorted collection of NSFs, the only bad thing being that the sound effects are removed.
- Zophar's NSF Page is a good place to get the newest NSF rips.
General information about the Nintendo Entertainment System, or Famicom.
- Nintendo Entertainment System Documentation v1.0 by Patrick Diskin.
- NinTech by Blue Hawk.
- 2A03 technical reference First release (4-23-2004), by Brad Taylor. Covers everything related to the NES's CPU, including sound. The linear counter section needs to be written, if anyone experienced with this is interested in documenting it, please post on the forum.
- NTSC 2C02 technical reference First release (4-23-2004), by Brad Taylor. Lots of information about the NTSC version of the NES PPU.
- NES APU Sound Hardware Reference 2004.1.30 by Blargg
- NES ASM Tutorial by Mike H. (GbaGuy). An NES programming tutorial. Off-site link.
- NES 101 by Michael Martin. An NES programming tutorial for those who know 6502 assembly.
- Programming that 8-bit beast of power, the NES v.80.666 by email@example.com.
- NES Technical FAQ v1.4 by Chris Covell.
- NES Tech doc (French) by Crispysix.
- Nintendo Entertainment System documentation v2.0 by Jeremy Chadwick.
- Nintendo Entertainment System documentation (Chinese) v2.0 by Jeremy Chadwick, translation by Blue Potato.
- Nintendo Entertainment System documentation (Dutch) v2.0 by Jeremy Chadwick, translation by A.A.J. Bouwmans.
- Nintendo Entertainment System documentation (Japanese) v.53 by Jeremy Chadwick, translation by (?).
- NES System Architecture v2.4 by Marat Fayzullin.
- NES System Architecture (Russian) v1.4 by Marat Fayzullin, partial translation by (?)
- NES System Architecture (Chinese) v2.2 by Marat Fayzullin, translation by Wu Jian.
- NES System Architecture (Japanese) v1.4 by Marat Fayzullin, translation by Bero.
- NES Programming Guide v.4 by Bokudono and Waseiyakusha.
- The Skinny on NES Scrolling by loopy.
- The Skinny on NES Scrolling (Spanish) by loopy, translated by Hyde.
- The Skinny on NES Scrolling (Portuguese) by loopy, translated by Hyde.
- Detailed DMC Operation by blargg. Information about how the DMA uses the sample buffer. Off-site link.
- How NES Graphics Work A document describing the basics.
- How NES Graphics Work (Dutch) A document describing the basics. Translation by A.A.J.Bouwmans.