INES Mapper 180
INES Mapper 180 is used to represent an unusual configuration of the UNROM board used only for the game Crazy Climber.
It is similar in principle to the more common INES Mapper 002 configuration but uses AND logic (74HC08) instead of OR logic (74HC32), producing a fixed first bank at $8000 rather than a fixed last bank at $C000.
Crazy Climber had a special "climber stick" add-on that mounted a stick on top of the Famicom's directional pad.
For a similar mapper with additional mirroring control, see iNES Mapper 097.
- PRG ROM size: 128 KB
- PRG ROM bank size: 16 KB
- PRG RAM: None
- CHR capacity: 8 KB RAM
- CHR bank size: Not bankswitched
- Nametable mirroring: Solder pads select vertical or horizontal mirroring
- Subject to bus conflicts: Yes
- CPU $8000-$BFFF: 16 KB PRG ROM bank, fixed to the first bank
- CPU $C000-$FFFF: 16 KB switchable PRG ROM bank
Bank select ($8000-$FFFF)
7 bit 0 ---- ---- xxxx xPPP ||| +++-- Select 16 KB PRG ROM bank for CPU $C000-$FFFF