INES Mapper 090
iNES Mappers 90/209/211/35 are used for later single-cartridge releases from J.Y. Company and at least one multicart. It uses the J.Y. Company ASIC with an outer PRG-ROM bank size of 512 KiB.
- Mapper 209 is the standard implementation.
- Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers III, alternative title Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie IV
- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
- Shin Samurai Spirits 2
- Mapper 90 inhibits, via jumper, ROM nametables and Extended Mirroring that would otherwise be enabled via register.
- 1998 Super 45-in-1 (JY-120 (A))
- Aladdin (Hummer Team's port of Capcom's SNES game), alternative titles Aladdin II/III and Popeye II: Travels in Persia
- Contra Spirits
- Final Fight 3
- Mickey Mania 7, alternative title China Rabbit Baby
- Mortal Kombat II Special, also known as Mortal Kombat 3 Special 56 Peoples
- Super Aladdin: The Return of Jaffar
- Super Mario World
- Tekken 2, alternative title Battle Arena Toushinden
- Mapper 211 supposedly has ROM nametables and Extended Mirroring always enabled regardless of register content. No such PCB exists in real hardware; the mapper was defined when the function of register $D001 bit 3 was not known, and is a mere duplicate of Mapper 209 with correct emulation.
- Donkey Kong Country 4, alternative title The Jungle Book 2
- Tiny Toon Adventures 6, alternative title Porky Pig & Daffy Duck
- Mapper 35 is a duplicate of Mapper 209 which explicitly specifies 8 KiB of WRAM. In the presence of a valid NES 2.0 header, which has its own PRG-RAM field, Mapper 35 is a duplicate of Mappers 209.
- Warioland II (hack of Yoshi no Kirby: Yume no Izumi no Monogatari
Outer Bank Select ($D003)
Mask: $F803. This means that writes are ignored if address bit 11 is set.
D~7654 3210 --------- 4.Lc cPPC | || |||+- If L=0: Select 256 KiB outer CHR-ROM bank (CHR A18), ignored if L=1 | || |++-- Select 512 KiB outer PRG-ROM bank (PRG A19-A20) | |+-+---- Select 512 KiB outer CHR-ROM bank (CHR A19-A20) | +------- Select outer CHR-ROM bank size | 0: Mask $900x/$A00x to 256 KiB, use C | 1: Mask $900x/$A00x to 512 KiB, ignore C +--------- Select MMC4-like automatic CHR-ROM bankswitching mode 0: Disable 1: Enable (only meaningful in 4 KiB CHR-ROM banking mode)
For a description of all other registers, see J.Y. Company ASIC.