From Nesdev wiki
Revision as of 19:21, 22 June 2015 by Great Hierophant (Added Bubble Bobble FDS to the list.)
The following is a list of games which make use of PPU register $2001's colour emphasis bits (D7 to D5):
- Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II rapidly sets and clears all 3 emphasis bits to flash the screen when going into a battle screen
- Noah's Ark (E) uses blue emphasis combined with grayscale mode to put part of the level underwater.
- Super Game's Aladdin uses red emphasis to tint the screen during gameplay, and all 3 emphasis bits to dim when paused.
- Bubble Bobble for the Famicom Disk System has a red tint throughout absent in the cartridge releases.
The following games set all 3 emphasis bits at once to dim the screen:
- Felix the Cat
- The Immortal
- James Bond Jr
- The Jungle Book
- Just Breed
- The Lion King (E)
- Super Spy Hunter, when paused. The Japanese version Battle Formula doesn't do this.
- Wall by Chris Covell uses a blue emphasis to simulate the water flooding the wall.
- Graphics editor by Damian Yerrick allows applying a SCREEN TINT to the picture.
- Munchie Attack by Memblers dims the screen upon Game Over.
- Rockman 4 Minus Infinity (during Brightman's stage) darkens areas farther away from Mega Man.