From Nesdev wiki
Revision as of 05:06, 23 December 2015 by Bregalad (Added lagrange point, sorted games alphabetically)
The following is a list of games which make use of PPU register $2001's colour emphasis bits (D7 to D5):
- Bubble Bobble for the Famicom Disk System uses red emphasis to tint the screen throughout the game, which is absent in the cartridge releases.
- The Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy uses it in the beginning when the scroll is unfurled.
- Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II rapidly sets and clears all 3 emphasis bits to flash the screen when going into a battle screen
- Lagrange Point uses colour emphasis combined with grayscale bit to do a very cheap fade-out effect when switching to and from the menu on the playfield
- Noah's Ark (E) uses blue emphasis combined with grayscale mode to put part of the level underwater.
- Super Game's Aladdin uses red emphasis to tint the screen during gameplay, and all 3 emphasis bits to dim when paused.
The following games set all 3 emphasis bits at once to dim the screen:
- Felix the Cat
- The Immortal
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Taito), story scenes and some action scenes.
- James Bond Jr
- The Jungle Book
- Just Breed
- The Lion King (E)
- Super Spy Hunter, when paused. The Japanese version Battle Formula doesn't do this.
- Wall by Chris Covell uses a blue emphasis to simulate the water flooding the wall.
- Graphics editor by Damian Yerrick allows applying a SCREEN TINT to the picture.
- Munchie Attack by Memblers dims the screen upon Game Over.
- Rockman 4 Minus Infinity (during Brightman's stage) darkens areas farther away from Mega Man.