NES reference guide
From Nesdev wikiJump to navigationJump to search
This page lists all major hardware reference divided by categories in their simplest form. From this list, you can drill down to a more specific section of the selected category.
- 2A03: APU, CPU
- Input devices
- Clock rate of various components in different variants of NES
- Cartridge board
- RF Famicom wiring diagram (many parts also applicable to NES)
- Errata: Hardware bugs and quirks
File format reference
- Emulator tests
- Game bugs - games that display buggy behavior on the actual hardware
- Tricky-to-emulate games
- Sprite overflow games - games which use the sprite overflow bug of OAM
- Colour-emphasis games - games which make use of the colour emphasis bits of $2001
- Colour $0D games - games which use the infra-black colour $0D.
- Expansion audio games - Famicom games that use extra audio hardware.
- All content refer to the NTSC system unless otherwise specified