From Nesdev wiki
Revision as of 20:37, 19 January 2013 by Koitsu
Welcome to the nesdev wiki, the source for all your NES programming needs.
- We have seen the first wave of distributed talk page vandalism since this new open anonymous talk posting policy was put in place. The ABUSE filter is keeping their changes from taking effect; see what has been blocked.
- We're trying a new method of stopping spam, one that has worked on Pin Eight. We're using a question-and-answer challenge (with questions to be determined later) to block creation of accounts by generic MediaWiki spambots. The talk namespaces have been unlocked, and two constructive talk edits qualify a user account for automatic promotion to trusted status after four days. A filter for applying regular-expression-based heuristics to actions by users, such as edits, will be put in place.
- This wiki moved away from Parodius Networking. We are no longer using role accounts.
- Recently we've had a rash of spambots polluting Recent Changes. It wasn't with actual edits but instead with new user account registrations, which have even begun to outnumber legitimate edits. So there's a new policy: only a logged-in user can create a new user account. If you want a wiki account, find a triumvir and PM him on the BBS.
- The weekly archive ("local html version") of the wiki has been disabled for the time being (you will receive HTTP 404/file not found). The reason is documented here and still under discussion, but until a solution is found, for the time being the weekly archive is disabled.
- There is a user right policy active. If you're not in the trusted user group, you cannot edit any contents. New users must be approved before they can edit. If you have a couple dozen good posts on the BBS, feel free to ask an administrator such as tepples for trusted status. Banshaku is fine too by mail.